This is My Happy Place–Day 3
When I first decided to take part in this Row Along, this idea immediately popped into my head! The table runner is completely made from Northcott Fabrics, including the tea which was leftover from the Christmas Carol Row Along, Angels We Have Heard on High. Thank you, Marian Pena at Seams to be Sew for getting me involved again!
Click on the photo to take you to the pattern for Tea for Two on PayHip.
Northcott generously donated fabrics to each of the designers. I found that the BEATRICE fabric line really fit my design the best. The darkest blue fabric (21538-48), was used for the teapot and cups, border HST and binding. I chose a medium blue fabric (21540-48) for the teapot lid and saucers. Looking for an offwhite, I found this background (21537-11). The “tea” (9020-350) is from their awesome TOSCANA line. That line of fabrics has every color you would ever want. They aren’t quite solids but have shading to them.
Just the other day I realized that this is not a new theme for me. Sitting down and having a cup of tea or coffee with a friend, is always a time of sharing and connecting.
I made this cross-stitch sampler back in the 1980’s. Then there is this UFO that I started with teapots purchased in the Netherlands in 1998. Cut out the teapots and appliqued them to a white-on-white background. Since there were no cups I designed the paper pieced cups. Now the quilting needs to be finished!
Come back here every Tuesday and Thursday until October 4th to get the next link. Besides the free patterns, on each blog, you can enter to win great quilterly items, donated by a number of different companies. Each blog will feature different prizes that are available on that day. Just make sure you comment on each blog to be registered for the prizes. The prizes are only available for one week after the day that they are posted. Here is a link to the rules:
Here are the prizes that are available for today, so make sure you leave a comment!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Today, September 11, 2018
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Thursday, October 4, 2018
Rules and Guidelines For Giveaways from Seams to be Sew Marian Pena
Please take the time to read it.
- Giveaways offered by sponsors are assigned to the various bloggers for their featured day. There are no prior announcements on who is doing which sponsor except to the sponsor and blogger/designer themselves.
- You’ll have to visit the blog or the featured blog to enter the giveaways. Not all giveaways can be entered at Seams To Be Sew. In some cases, you will be asked to comment on the blog to enter the giveaway.
- All giveaways are listed for one week only and then given away. Each different day of the row along features different giveaways.
- Winners are announced within 24 hours of the give away ending.
- You must give a valid email address when you enter the giveaways, any email returned to me, loses the ability to win automatically.
- You are given 3 days to answer the email, if you do not answer within 3 days a new winner will be drawn. Check those spam/junk mail folders, you may miss that winning email if you don’t do so because there are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are notified that you are a winner, in most cases, you will need to provide your name, address, city, state, zip code, country, telephone number, and email address.
- In most cases, unless otherwise specified, winners must be willing to pay for shipping costs, whether you’re in the USA, or an International shipment.
- No purchase whatsoever is necessary.
- You must be 18+ in order to win a gift.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win. Prizes valued at $500.00 should be claimed.
- All winners are chosen at random.
- All winners will be announced on the blogs via the Rafflecopter entry form and/or post by the blogger at the site where they won and here at Seams To Be Sew. All winners must allow for their first name and first initial of their last name to be announced on this blog.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on a total number of rafflecopter entries during each week and in total for all giveaways.
- This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- Participating blogger/designers may enter any of the giveaways.
- The word giveaways in the rules and guidelines are also known as sweepstakes.
- I am not rich and I do not ask sponsors for money, they provide prizes only. All giveaways will be shipped that are in my home within 48 hours of my having received shipping fees. An invoice will be sent to you via Paypal, and shipping will take place via Paypal, so your Paypal email will be needed to send the invoice. You will receive a tracking number except for overseas shipments. All shipping will either be first class which averages out at 2.77 to 4.00 up to 13 ounces. Paypal fees are added to that amount to cover that fee. In some cases, it may be necessary to ship via Priority Mail.
Click on the link below to take you to the page with the 2018 blocks.
2018 Block of the Month
Patterns at Bluprint
Tags: appliqué, block-of-the-month, Electric Quilt
Not just teapots and teacups, but BLUE ones – like Dresden or Limoges china. I really like all of them. Thanks for the pattern.
Thanks for the lovely pattern. I love having tea with friends.
Hot tea on a chilly day–great happy place! This is a fun row!
i love tea pots and cups thankyou
What a lovely project! I’ve always enjoyed the artistry of teacups, and have a small collection that I inherited from my Grandmothers. Thanks for sharing!
I always love a cup of tea. Thank you for sharing your row
Oh, how I love this row! Thank you so much for this entire hop — I am enjoying it tremendously!
I am so glad you enjoy tea! I do not like coffee, even when I worked night shift. I have been following you for a number of years enjoying every monthly letter+flower. Thanks for all your creativity.
Thank you for the row pattern. I also love to sit with a cup of tea, and maybe sketch quilt ideas!
I love your tea for two row. It makes me think about sitting on the porch with my mom early in the morning and having tea.
I’d love to sit and have a cup of tea with you!
Thanks for a lovely block!
That’s a pretty cute row. Will have to explore if it can be made into a runner.
You’ve certainly shown your love of tea thru your various projects and your pattern for your row is just one of the beautiful projects featured today. I love them all. I’m jealous that you can do cross stitch, it’s been the one thing in my life that I just never got. I’ve tried and tried to no avail… It took owning an embroidery machine to even do cross stitch… LOL 🙂
Of course, it makes me happy, happy, happy that you’ve joined us again this year for the row along and I hope you’ll do it again next year. Hugs!!
[…] Barbara Dieges | Upstairs Hobby Room Quilt Art | UlaSewing / SzycieUli […]
teacups and teapots are my favorite patterns!!
What a lovely row! I can’t wait to make it. Brewing a pot of tea to share with a friend or family member is one of my favorite things to do in my happy place; home or studio.
What an adorable row. It would look great hanging in my mom’s kitchen.
Very pretty! And I love the fabrics. Blue is my favorite color.
What a lovely pattern! Thank you.
I love the theme, the pattern, and the fabrics you chose!
Thank you for the beautiful pattern you shared with us. I absolutely love it.
The timing for your row is perfect! My dear friend is celebrating her birthday tomorrow, with a tea party. The guests are her young grandchildren. I think she’d love a quilted runner, or perhaps a pillow for the gazebo, to commemorate the special day.
So cute. My friend is a tea drinker and will love. I love pp so it is a go.
Thank you for sharing.
Oh, I have a friend who LOVES blue and tea. I see a gift in my near future. Thanks for the pattern.
Gorgeous…make me want to stop in for tea! 😉
Thank you! I love it!
thanks for taking the time to make your beautiful row!
That is fabulous. The detail is wonderful and it is perfect in the blues.
Thank you for a lovely row. The blue is a perfect color.
i love your row with the teapot and cups. I have enjoyed your website and will be back and will suggest it to several of my friends.
Your teacup and teapot quilt is so pretty. I love the fabrics too.
You picked exactly the correct fabrics for your teacups!! Perfect!! Thanks so much for being a part of this QAL, and sharing your beautiful designs! Blessings!!!
A lovely row that will great with so many different fabrics!
Teapots and teacups always bring happy thoughts for me. Love your design. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful row, thanks for sharing!
I love tea with friends also. Very pretty row. Thank you so much
Your teapot and cups are delightful – I love tea themes!!!
I love your rows I’ve always had a soft spot for blue and white china!
I’m a fan of tea so this really appeals to me. Off to get my pattern. Thanks for the chance.
I really like your happy place. I love tea (can’t have coffee). Thanks for the free pattern.
Nice Row! I’ve got a friend who does etiquette lessons, so I might have to make this for her.
If you do please share a picture!
Perfect fabric for your teapots and cups. Love your book, also!
Nice row, Barbara! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
What a beautiful row. Thank you for this design.
Love your Tea Time related projects. Thanks for the free pattern.
a wonderful pot of tea. thank you for joining the hop and sharing your design.
Your Tea for Two row is so amazing and beautiful…thanks for sharing!
I love blog hops, they lead me to the best new places. Thanks for sharing your row. I’ll be checking out your books. grinnie1961 at gmail dot com
Thank you for the table runner/row. I have followed you for years and love your work. The patterns lend themselves to needle turn or fusing quite nicely. Oma’s cupboard remains on my “to do” list.
Look forward to seeing some blocks from Oma’s Cupboard!
I love your row! Thank you so much for sharing!
These pressing sheets are terrific. Thanks.
I love these Row by Row designs. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Your quilts are lovely! The teapot and teacups remind me of the china my great-grandmother brought with her from Germany. I still have a few pieces.
Who doesn’t love tea pots and tea cups? Thank you for the sweet table runner. You’ve just helped me check off what to make for someone on my gift list.
Hope you will share a picture when you make it!