Just a quick note to share what I have been doing, besides appliqué. Our little granddaughter loves dresses. I have lots of patterns from the 1970s when I made dresses for my daughters, but I was looking for something simple. I found several sources with free patterns for A-line dresses.
I thought I would make these first from Burda. I changed some of the ways I made it, their instructions were not designed for a novice and will post a tutorial when I make a few more. These are designed to be pullovers, but I will have to change them if they don’t fit over her head. Hope I didn’t go to all this trouble and find I have to redo them! I hate remodeling.
The one on the left was from a commercial pillowcase with a ruffle that my friend Leni gave me to make a nightgown for my other granddaughter but never got around to making it. So I used it for this purpose and the other dress is from a Liberty of London cotton lawn that I purchased at least 30 years ago. It too is finally made its way out of my stash!